So if you know us Josh and I always go somewhere on Spring Break because we celebrate our anniversary, and we want to keep that tradition so Josh asked me where I wanted to go. Well at first we talked about going to Mexico again making it short and that way I might be able to leave Jett. So we planned on that, then one day Josh just decided he wanted to go to Kauai he has never been and really wanted to go so I said okay go ahead and book it but I don't know if I can leave Jett very long so we might have to take him. Long story short Josh booked a trip for six days and I had a really hard time deciding what to do. I knew if we took him he would be miserable and off schedule, and everything we had planned wouldn't work for him. So I knew the best thing was to leave him. I had already made plans with my mom and Josh's mom to tend while we left and I knew they were super excited and he would be fine and love every minute it was just me that struggled - and struggled I did.
The week before we left I would just cry thinking about leaving him so I told Josh we were taking him. Then I tried to cancel the whole trip, but that didn't work because we would have lost all our money and some sky miles, etc. So I knew we were going the question was with or without Jett.
Some people told me to take him, others said he would be fine - of course I went back and forth. Well I decided to take Monday off and spend with him and that way I would feel better about leaving him I don't think it helped because come Friday my Mom and Dad headed down to stay so they could take him back I had a rough day.
I woke up early to go hold him and just cried, and then when my Mom came up to get him and saw me crying she teared up so then I cried harder. It was tough!
We did get out of town and we ended up having a good time, most of that time I was thinking about him and I cried several times, but my Mom and Doris loved every minute and they all got a chance to get to know him a little better which was nice! My Mom even had a hard time taking him to Doris because she got a little attached (of course that made me cry again!!!)
But we made it back Doris and Tim brought him down here so he was here when we got home, and again I cried when I saw him and cried in the morning because he had changed so much in six days! I couldn't believe it. Friday I don't think I let anyone hold him because I just malled him all day and didn't want to leave his site.
A little about Kauai though - it was beautiful! Of course it wasn't that warm it rained some and blew some. They said the week before was beautiful and the week we were leaving was suppose to be super nice too - of course. It was still fun, we stayed in Princeville on the North Shore where it is more lush and green.
First day we went hiking up the Napoli Coast it was beautiful, but a little muddy so we didn't go to far up. We also went to the lighthouse look out and saw some wells, drove to some water fall look outs and just explored.
Next day, we got up early and went kayaking with a tour guide about 3.5 miles in and hiked a mile to a water fall then Kayaked back. It was fun - would have been better if it was a little warmer! Our guide was awesome though so it was fun.
Later that day we went on a helicopter tour which was my favorite thing of our trip. It was beautiful - you just can't see everything unless you do that. The Grand Canyon lookout was amazing and all the waterfalls on the North Shore - it was beautiful if you ever go I highly recommend it!
Next day we headed to the South Side and hit a blow hole, and some beaches, and then went to a luau. I love luau's the way those people move is unreal to me. And the guy that dances with fire - amazing!!! So that was a fun day too - again a little sun but not much!
Next day we had to get up early to head to the airport to go to Oahu. When we got there we went straight to Pearl Harbor. That is all Josh wanted to do in Oahu so that is what we did. We spent half a day there and it was really cool. It had been awhile since I had been there.
After Pearl Harbor we went and had lunch at Josh's favorite restaurant P.F. Changs which it was delicious as always - then headed back to our hotel. Our hotel was beautiful I wish we would have stayed a couple nights there. We walked down the Waikiki Beach, sat in the hot tub, went to an awesome Italian Restaurant, got fantastic ice cream, watched a movie and went to bed. Next day we were up early to head home (and I was SO READY to head back!)
When we finally reached home I was so anxious to see Jett I jumped right out went in and headed to his room where he was sleeping. I really wanted to wake him up but decided to sit and cry and stare at him. It's so amazing the love you have for your children. You definitely experience new feelings when you have a child.
Great trip - glad to be home. Thankful for a husband that loves to travel and see new things. He always keeps us going and that is why he works so hard so we can do things like that. I love him so much and love every minute spent with him.
4 comments:
I am glad to see having Jett has not slowed you down. Kauai looks beautiful. Maybe that will have to be our next destination. It sounds like you had a tough time leaving your little boy. He is adorable!
Oh, I would love to go back to Hawaii again. It is such an amazingly beautiful place. Sorry you missed Jett so much, but I'm glad he was fine when you got back :)
Balta and I are going on a trip in June and I am dreading leaving Marcus! What if I have a panic attack? Oh my... It's only 4 days so hopefully I'll survive. It's not that you worry about them being okay, it's just being away from them I guess! I'm glad you had fun.
Wow!!What a stunning place.!Looks so very relaxing.!!I wish we could also spend our vacation in Kauai...You really had a nice trip on Kauai..The photos are all great.!
restaurant wells me
Post a Comment