We just got back from our annual trip up the Monroe Mountain. We go stay at my Aunt Kathy and her families cabin. It is such a beautiful cabin it is nicer then most anyone's home. We love going up there and are so glad they will let us borrow it for a few days. It is up on private land so there isn't very many people around and there is a private lake you can go fishing in and trails to go ride. The best part is just relaxing and hanging out around the cabin and enjoying the outdoors. We look forward to it every year. Shauna Bagley and her family came up the first night and had dinner with us and we played some corn hole it was fun. They are a fun family! Shauna and my Mom are the best of friends I don't know what they ever did without each other. The next day Lesa and the girls and Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn came up and spent the day. We had a corn hole tournament (Grandpa killed everyone of course), played games, had lunch, visited, went for walk, and just enjoyed each others company. Grandpa Blackburn is always in a hurry to get home so they didn't stay for dinner, but they still stuck around for quite a while. That night Mom and Dad made a super yummy dutch oven dinner. We had so much good food up there as always I feel like I gain 10 extra pounds while I am up there.
We are so lucky to have such a good family that we enjoy doing things with. Mom and Dad always plan fun things and make it a good time. Dad brought tons of skeet and let the boys have a shooting contest. We of course missed Nathan up there, but how awesome will it be to have him there next year.
It has been fun to be up home and just hang out where it isn't so hot and just enjoy being outside. We love being up here in the Summer. And thanks to my Mom and Dad for all their help with Jett and me. I have the best parents in the world and am so thankful for all they do for our family.
1 comment:
Looks like an absolute blast! I'm totally jealous :)
Post a Comment