Monday, September 27, 2010

Blackburn Girls Weekend














This weekend was our annual girls weekend with all the aunts and cousins, and grandma. It was super fun to see everyone. Miranda came from California and stayed with Tiffany. Tammy and Tajia came from Erda. Lesa, Paige, Rebekah, and Grandma came from Loa, and Mom, Stacey, and Brylee came from Monroe. There is a few of us that live here in town, me, Trena, Melissa, and Tiffany so it was fun to get us all together. It only happens once a year so hopefully we can keep the tradition alive. Other wise we would never see each other.

Friday night we had dinner at the park it was yummy, and we of course just visited and then I had a question game for everyone. It was thirty questions about each person there. So it was fun Grandma started telling stories which is always fun to just sit and listen. Grandma is such an amazing woman still going strong at 88. She was a trooper this weekend. We actually played until we couldn't see anymore so we headed back to my house to hang out. Everyone stayed up until about 12 just visiting so it was fun. I haven't seen midnight for awhile but Jett slept pretty good so it was alright.

The next morning we had breakfast of course everyone brought all sorts of goodies to my house, fresh peaches and tomatoes, homemade bread, zucchini muffins and bread, cake, and treats so we were set. After breakfast they all took off shopping and I actually put Jett down for a nap and went to Bryton Terry's Baptism really quick. After he woke up I thought everyone was going to go to Swiss Days with me, but they decided to keep shopping since they don't get to do it that often which was fine but I didn't want to drag Jett from store to store so I stuck to my plan and went to Swiss Days in Santa Clara with Jill. I had never been the whole time I have lived here so it was fun to go and see what it is all about. I actually ended up buying a lot of stuff and I wasn't planning on it, but it was fun stuff and some of it was for Christmas presents so it was justifiable.

After we went to Swiss Days I took Jett home for a nap and after he woke up we met up with everyone at the Olive Garden for dinner. It was yummy of course we were all stuffed by the end. Everyone came over again to hang out, Miranda brought some scrub stuff for your skin so they had a little body scrubbing party and then went downstairs to visit again and watch movies. I didn't stay up for the movie because they started it at 11:30 and that is already way past my bed time. So two nights going to bed at midnight for me that is a record lately! It was worth it though to just visit with everyone since I never get to do that. Grandma even stayed up until midnight each night like I said she was a trooper.

Sunday morning was hectic I had to get to church for the primary program so I was off in a hurry and didn't really get to say a nice good bye to everyone. I did come back after sacrament to hug Grandma and tell everyone there thanks and goodbye. Paige and Becca actually kept Jett home while I went to church because my Mom wanted to come and see the program so that was way nice of them. They also helped clean my house which was nice! The program went really well the Bishop said there was about 700 people there. It really was like a Stake Conference, and the kids did GREAT!!!! Lacey does a great job of organizing it and putting it together. When it was over my Mom went home and put Jett down for a nap so I was very appreciative of all the help with Jett this weekend since Josh was gone.

Josh went on his annual guys trip to a Colt's game. This year it was in Denver - pretty far, but they had a great time. They actually got to go to a baseball game also the Giants vs. the Rockies it was an intense game I guess. They also went golfing, and to the football game so they had a great time. It was Jeremy, Jake, and Josh. It ended well with the Colt's winning and them getting so close to Payton Manning. They did a lot of driving and driving late so I am sure he will be exhausted tomorrow! I was glad he was gone this weekend though because he wouldn't have been to happy with all the women in the house!

I definitely had to take a nap Sunday, but the weekend did go by fast. I can't tell you how lucky I am to have such an amazing family. I am so blessed! I am looking forward to next year already.

No comments: