IMG_9938.JPG">
So we decided to go on a trip for labor day. I took Thursday and Friday off of school and we headed to Montana to go to Glazier National Park. I have wanted to go there for a long time so I was pretty excited about it. As I expected it was beautiful. We flew in to a town called Kalispell it isn't very big, but it was so pretty along with all the other little towns around. We stayed in a town called White Fish that is about 15 to 20 minutes from Kalispell and we stayed up at a ski resort on the mountain. It was so green and beautiful we were lucky to get a hotel there for the weekend.
When we got there we headed to our hotel and checked in and got situated and then walked around our place and had dinner up at the resort. The dinner wasn't the best but the view and atmosphere was great!
The next we headed to Glazier! We decided to go to the East side that day and make a day of it going all the way around. It was great because Jett fell right asleep as we left and slept most of the way. We went through a small town called Columbia Falls and lets see there is another one. They were pretty small. We stopped right before the entrance and had lunch and let Jett crawl around. The drive was amazing. It reminded us a lot of Banff, Canada - but just huge mountains, lakes every where, and water falls around every turn. When we headed through the park you go down a road called Road to the Sun - it is a steep drive and drops off on the side. We made several stops to see the amazing views and country. The water at some of the rivers and waterfalls was this amazing bluish, greenish, color that you could see straight through. It was breath taking almost. Josh took some amazing pictures - he is pretty good at that and has his camera down now so I don't even know which pictures to post because we have so many.
That took us most of the day to just make the loop. We took several breaks for Jett which was fine. Jett did amazing at taking his naps in the car which I totally thought he we struggle - so we were so happy about that. We were also very lucky because Natalie Drake let us borrow her portable DVD player which saved us when he wasn't sleeping. Jett really was a trooper on this trip which made it nice! It was definitely different traveling with a baby, but we still had a great time and glad he was with us!
On the way down we stopped at the Lake McDonald Resort. Lake McDonald is HUGE - we went for a little walk and again let Jett crawl and play in the rocks and water. Well when we headed back to the car we realized they were locked inside. We had to call the Rangers to come and get them out. So I took Jett in to feed him while Josh took care of it. Always something interesting on our trips right! We got in and everything was fine - we learned to not do that again!
So the next day we got up and had breakfast at our place it was so nice because they had continental breakfast so the time we ate and got ready it was always time for Jetts nap so we put him in the car gave him a bottle and he was out! It worked everyday which was great.
We headed to Glazier again and went to the West side entrance to go do some hikes. We went to Avalanche Creek where there is a Cedar Creek walk that we took Jett on in the stroller - then we decided to try to get as far as we could up to another lake that was 2 miles, we only made it half way until we realized Jett was starving and ready for a nap so we had to head back. We didn't get to do any major hikes it was to hard with him - have to go around their schedule so it is tough, but we still saw a lot of country.
At the end of the day we headed to Kalispell and shopped a little and had dinner there. They actually had some nice restaurants so we were glad we headed that way.
Those were are two best days of weather - after that it was a little chilly and rainy. It actually rained most of the next day - we still toured around we went all the way around another Lake______, we made several stops but it was actually more driving then the first day. So we once again covered a lot of area and saw new places and things.
The next day it was a little chilly, but didnt' run all day - we didn't have all day because we were flying out that day. So we took off to Glazier again and Josh had been wanting to golf the whole time we were there so I said lets just drop you off and Jett and I will hang out go for a walk or hike until your done and it will be fine. I think he was happy about that. He went the Glazier Golf Course and it was actually pretty cheap and it was a great course I guess. It looked amazing but what do I know I am not a golfer. Jett was still asleep so I drove around some new spots, and then found a little park and read my book until he woke up so he could go play. Then we went on a little stroller ride and fed him lunch and by that time Josh was done so it was perfect. After that we had to head back towards Kalispel so we could make our flight.
The whole flying thing was better then I thought, the time there was an empty seat and we could keep him in his car seat was the best, but the other times it was a little draining because he was all over the place wanting to get down. But he didn't scream or cry much he did a really good job. Again definitely different traveling with a baby.
So overall our trip was great - we did a lot of driving, but it was ok because it was all new area to us and it was beautiful everywhere we went!
Of course it was nice to get home as it always is Jett got to bed a little later then usual but it still worked out great. I am so glad Josh enjoys traveling and is so good and patient with both Jett and I. He makes going on trips easy and fun. I am lucky to have such a great husband and we are lucky because we enjoy so many of the same things. I hope Jett will take after his dad because he has so many amazing qualities. I am so blessed to have such a great family and to be able to go and do fun things with them.
2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair and I loved seeing a little baby bump. Yes LITTLE baby bump but still something and SOOO excited for you!
I'm totally jealous of you! It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! I'm glad you were able to get away one last time although I'm pretty sure you'll sneak in a couple more adventures before the big day :)
Post a Comment