We headed home for the big Fourth of July weekend. Friday I went to Stacey's little water party and let the boys play that was fun then we barbecued with Jalene and Jeremy that night and played corn hole it was fun.
Saturday we took off and went over to Aurora to spend the day they have all sorts of park festivities for the kids so we went there and let Jett ride the horse, get balloons, play on the jump houses, and then headed back for a nap. We ended up missing the races so we hung out there until seven and took him over to the diaper derby so he could race. Before we went over we went over to Jake and Bree's to visit for a while also. Brandi and Josh were there and this is when I found out she was pregnant. She is having a boy due in November. She looks great. So it was fun to visit with them also. Jett would have won his race if he would have carried the little plastic dog with him but he dropped it when a little boy fell in front of him, but it was still fun to watch him.
Sunday we went up the canyon with my family and had tin foil dinners and then lit off some fireworks that night and Jalene and Jer came down.
Monday was the big parade in Richfield I swear the parade is not as good as it used to be, but there was still plenty of candy which Jett loved soooo much that he ended up throwing it up at the park afterward. We knew he would I tried to not let him eat it but everyone else did, oh well! The park was packed as always so we didn't stay long. We left and went to lunch at the dairy and then headed back for nap time that really didn't happen. We barbecued that night with my parents and tried to get Jett to bed early since he had not been sleeping. (What a nightmare this getting out of the crib thing has been!) After the boys were down we played rook and went to bed.
Josh took off early Tuesday, I drove over to Fremont with the boys and my mom to see my grandparents. It was so fun to visit with them and let them play with the boys a little. It makes me sad to see them get old they are both 89 years old and my grandpa still does a huge garden and takes care of the cemetery and my grandma just cooks him dinner and breakfast everyday and still cans and bottles a little. They are both quite the troopers. I hope they stick around for a while longer. I have been so lucky to have them in my life!
When we got back I actually packed up and got ready to come home. Jett had not been sleeping good, my mom didn't feel good, I was just ready to be home and back to the normal daily routine. So I let Jett go out and play in the mud puddles and run around before we left. He actually rode home with Jamie and I took her two oldest and it worked out really well. Her kids entertained Jett and her boys helped with Colt so the ride home was one of the easiest ones so far.
So another great Fourth of July. It is always fun to be with family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment