What a beautiful day to run a relay. I have never ran a relay race before so this was my first and I was a little nervous. It was a lot of fun the weather was beautiful (although it was freezing this morning and I could never warm up!) the company was amazing (that's what makes relays is who you run them with and I had a sweet group of girls we were the running center super girls we had bright pink capes, pink socks, skirts, head bands you name it we looked super sexy! and the course was pretty cool ( I have never ran my guts out like that though I was so sick after each leg!) They gave me the biggest hill leg and I seriously thought I was going to throw up at mile 1.75 I thought I was almost done and I wasn't even half way. I did run at a good pace we actually ended up taking 3rd over all and averaged a 7:37 minute pace for the whole relay. We should have been second because the other team started at 7:30 that took second and we started at 8:00 so in my eyes we took second! :) I had a great time like I said these girls were so much fun - Kendra ended up getting sick the night before and we felt so bad but her niece Laura stepped in and did an awesome job and she was so fun to have there. I was glad they invited me. I would totally do a relay again as long as it isn't an over night one I still don't know if I would like one of those!
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Lake to Lake Relay
What a beautiful day to run a relay. I have never ran a relay race before so this was my first and I was a little nervous. It was a lot of fun the weather was beautiful (although it was freezing this morning and I could never warm up!) the company was amazing (that's what makes relays is who you run them with and I had a sweet group of girls we were the running center super girls we had bright pink capes, pink socks, skirts, head bands you name it we looked super sexy! and the course was pretty cool ( I have never ran my guts out like that though I was so sick after each leg!) They gave me the biggest hill leg and I seriously thought I was going to throw up at mile 1.75 I thought I was almost done and I wasn't even half way. I did run at a good pace we actually ended up taking 3rd over all and averaged a 7:37 minute pace for the whole relay. We should have been second because the other team started at 7:30 that took second and we started at 8:00 so in my eyes we took second! :) I had a great time like I said these girls were so much fun - Kendra ended up getting sick the night before and we felt so bad but her niece Laura stepped in and did an awesome job and she was so fun to have there. I was glad they invited me. I would totally do a relay again as long as it isn't an over night one I still don't know if I would like one of those!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment