This last weekend was our annual Monrovian Girl's Weekend, and it was a well needed weekend I think for all of us. It was so much fun to just get away and have no worries, well of course you still worry but you know what I mean. It was just nice to be able to do whatever I wanted to do.
It is pretty funny that we used to just stay up all hours of the night and be so silly and now we would rather catch up on our rest. Of course I am always the first one to go to bed, and we do stay up later but not like years past. I have to say I loved that part getting a full nights rest and just relaxing.
We stayed at the Tahiti Village in Las Vegas and it was an awesome resort I told Josh we need to take the boys there soon they would love it. They have a sweet pool, with a sandy part, a shallow part for Colt, waterfalls, a lazy river - we pretty much just laid out and soaked in the sun, we did get in the water but not as much as the kids would.
Some of us got a little more sun then others, Shannon started her day out at the pool on Saturday at 8 a.m. so she was pretty red. DayleMarie must have very sensitive skin because her poor legs were seriously the reddest things I have ever seen. I hope she is ok I was worried about her and she never complains about things so for her to say something meant she was in a lot of pain.
Tara still gave us some good laughs she is so funny. Liz gave me and Dayle an awesome workout. Dayle made us an awesome lunch, Jamie had the yummy treats, and Shannon was the one to get it all together. I told all of them this weekend, it's so nice to know even though I don't see or talk to all of them as much as I should it is always so easy to just start right where we left off and catch up and enjoy one another.
I learn so much from each one of them they are all amazing women, mothers, and friends. I am so so so lucky to have had so many amazing friends in my life. I also have an amazing husband that took care of things while I was gone. My Mom did come and help him because she had a baby shower down here, so that was nice of her they love grandma, but I appreciate both of them so very much. I really needed a get away to rejuvenate myself.
Just a few other things we did we shopped, Dayle and I got a Mac makeover and that was fun, and of course we went out to dinner and talked a ton and that was pretty much it. But I loved every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment