Monday, August 1, 2011

Bastian Reunion in Fishlake 2011











































Another great Bastian Reunion. Bree and Jake were in charge this year and did a great job. We went up to Hancock Flat in Fishlake. The only thing that went wrong was it rained a good portion of the weekend. We got up there a little later Friday night but still made it. I left Colt with my parents Friday night and met them Saturday morning thank goodness it is was a lot easier that way and we already had a rough night with just Jett.

Jett loved it up there though he just roamed around in the grass, climbed on the rocks, followed the dog and the kids everywhere, threw things in the fire, ate more dirt then he ever has, and pretty much just was a free spirit in the mountains. Colt enjoyed it too when he got there and all the attention the kids gave him. He still slept good in the day, but around 2:30 it started raining and didn't stop so I decided to take the boys down to my Mom's to sleep and come back in the morning. I was thankful I did they both slept so good and so did I so it was worth it. We did miss out on a yummy dinner I heard.

Bree had a lot of fun games planned, she didn't get to do all of them because of the rain, but we had a seed spitting contest, root beer chugging and belching contest, and a pork snorting contest which I won. If you asked me to do my call again I probably couldn't it was pretty random. Brandi won the spitting contest, and Duke won the chugging and belching competition. We didn't get a chance to wear our redneck costumes but Jake sent us a great picture with his and I am positive he would have won!!!

Doris and Tim didn't get up there until about when it starting raining so we didn't get to visit with them much. I came in the morning and they were all packed up so we met them at church and of course Jett fell asleep right before it so I made it to the last 10 minutes of it, well to visit with Jake and Tim on the deck.

It was still fun to see everyone. Josh has an amazing family and I am very lucky to be a part of it and so are our kids.

No comments: