Thursday, April 24, 2014
LONGEST UPDATE YET!!! 2014 HERE AND ON IT'S WAY!!
Oh my!!!!! I don't think I have ever gone this long without posting and keeping up a little better. I know I have slacked before but not this bad that will tell you what life has been like at our house. It just gets busier and busier. The only reason I am sitting here catching up right now is because the boys went fishing and I had to stay for Daxton to come here after his game so I am trying to utilize my time as best as possible. So lets start with January......
New Years - Great Party at Tim and Doris' house down here while the kids stayed at our house with a babysitter. Super fun lots of awesome people, homemade pizza in a real pizza oven thanks to Mindie and Gordan! Great other food and snacks thanks to everyone else. The horse game, laughing, visiting, and enjoying no kids and the beginning of a new year!!
Colt's Birthday - Another great birthday celebration. We took Colt and a few of his friends out to Wheelers and Josh got to drive them around in all the different machinery. Then we had cake and ice cream and stuff up at the coral canyon park that the kids love. Perfect Party for Colt he loved it.
Josh's Birthday - We celebrated Josh's birthday a little earlier then usual because we went to the Bronco's playoff game in Denver. We had front row tickets they played the Patriots whoever won got to go to the Superbowl. It was AMAZING!!!!! I can't even explain the energy and excitement. I am afraid I am ruined now because I know if we go to another NFL Game it will never compare to that. We could see the players faces. almost caught a ball, didn't want to leave because of the party going on. Seriously sooooo much fun. Worth every penny! We got to eat at some really yummy places and enjoy each other's company.
For his real birthday we went out to dinner I believe and came back for cake and ice cream. I might be a little off on that but it seems like that's what we did. Another year older so crazy seems like yesterday I was chasing this guy like crazy in his beautiful black jeep. He has accomplished so much since then and we have together it has been amazing.
February : Valentines Date: Mindies' Mom put together this amazing relay scavenger hunt thing for a big group of us. We had a fancy dinner at my house super yummy food. Then we split up into three teams and had to follow the clues and video and take pictures of all the things we were suppose to do. It was so much fun. Blake proposed to Bree again - Derek proposed to Mindie at Olive Garden, We picked spots where we would make out, boys dressed up in Victoria Secret stuff - you name it we did it. It was a lot of fun. We came here after for prizes so basically Mindie's Mom put a ton of work into it. But we really enjoyed it.
I did also get to go up to Richfield and have lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa to celebrate their anniversary with them. They are such amazing people I have such a great family on both sides and am so blessed to have them in my life.
March: This month was one of the hardest month's of my life and one of the most amazing ones too. Josh and I went through a really hard trial in our marriage - but it also brought us closer then we have ever ever been. I am so thankful for the Gospel and for our Lord to get us through those hard trials and allow us to have the spirit in our home to survive the hard times. It had been missing for awhile and all the simple gospel things had been to and I am so glad they are back in our lives and our a priority because it truly is what keeps our families together and relationships working. But no matter what I definitely learned that nothing or no one comes before my number one and that is Josh. Even kids, friends, family, whatever if Josh and I don't work the rest won't either. He is my person, and I love him so much and hope that I will always remember that and remember those feelings so that I won't ever take advantage of him or our relationship that we have.
It was our Ten year anniversary this March can you believe it. We went down to Mesquite for one night and got massages and dinner, and a movie and it was soooo nice. Then the next day we drove to Las Vegas to fly to phoenix for the rest of the weekend to watch Spring Training games with the Monkers. It was beautiful weather and the baseball games were fun and of course the company was fantastic so we had a great time.
April: Has come and gone. Pretty much the big thing for April was Conference and Easter. Conference was amazing and so was Easter. Although Nathan found the Golden egg this year, it was still super fun. Mom and Dad always go all out for it every year. Tons of candy and money. We did our coloring of the Easter eggs of course and then took them up to roll them down the hill. There were several of the Roberts Clan there which makes it a huge get together but always so much fun. It has turned into our Roberts Reunion which I think is perfect because we do it every year and everyone seems to love it. I am so thankful for great traditions my family has. I hope we can continue to do the same with ours.
Jett: Jett is almost done with his first year of Preschool and has learned so much. His teacher is Ms. Jani and Grandma Dalva and they are amazing. He loves it and has done some really fun things. He is getting so smart he especially loves his numbers. He is always asking what a number is plus another one and he still loves to build and put things together. So when you ask him what he wants to be he will tell you an Engineer. I think that's pretty good that he understands what that is because we have told him a few times. He is in two gymnastics classes and loves it. He is still our little monkey and a strong little guy. We put him in soccer and at first we thought we were going to go nuts he would stand there and pick his nose and not run after the ball, but FINALLY at the very end of the season he started to get it and enjoy it. So on the last game we were all happy not irritated and glad we did it. He actually had an amazing team with a lot of talent for four year olds. He did learn that he liked offense the best - he would wait down the field until his team mate came down with the ball then he would run with him and kick it in the goal. So funny! He loves to color and of course catch anything he can. We have already lost two lizards, but we seem to always catch one right after that. He is also very smart he learns something new everyday. he is also still very busy and very into things and making disasters. But we love him and don't know what we would do without our little cuddly Colt that loves mornings like his Mom and goes to bed much easier then Mr. Jett who is our night owl. But we are working hard on that so we can go to the Beach and Lego Land here soon.
Our boys are the greatest joy in our life. Yes they are hard at times and very busy and take a lot of patience but they are so fun and so close to God that I am very blessed to be able to be home with them and watch them grow each day into these little boys full of life and adventure and curiosity. I pray we can continue to guide them in the right direction.
Me: I am doing about the same I have actually had to take some time off for my Leg my IT band has been giving me issues so I am working on getting that fixed so I can start running again - YIKES!!! Take for granite when your healthy and can do anything. I am still loving my classes and am super excited for our addition outside we are getting a pool.
Josh: Super crazy busy as always but trying to get things where they need to be so it's not so much on him. TIME TIme TIme is our thing we are working on. I am amazed at what my husband does and puts up with. But his mind is always going a millions miles a minute. I just pray that he won't have to be sooooo stressed and busy like this forever. He is an amazing man very talented very smart, very loving, and very strong. Love him so much.
Life: We seem to always be busy whether hanging with friends, going on hikes, parks, barbecues, family here, fishing, golfing, we seem to stay pretty busy. But that's how we like it. We are truly blessed.
I AM GOING TO POST THE PICTURES SEPARATE! BUT THERE IS MY UPDATE SO FAR!!
Colt: Mr. Colt is still our little destroyer, but he isn't so little anymore he is ten pounds heavier then Jett and almost a foot taller. He is one solid big kid. He is like a giant in the nursery since he misses the deadline by three days to go to sunbeams which is ok because he loves it there. But he does knock me over when I am just sitting there if he comes at me quick. Him and Jett are really into wrestling their Dad and each other now. I was cracking up at my moms because they were just wrestling and rolling in the grass forever it was hilarious. I know one day there is going to be blood and I'm not looking forward to that. Colt is in a gymnastics class now and loves it. He is definitely the hard student in the class him and Brady together don't make a good mix. But it has been really good for him. He is excited to go to preschool next year like Jett.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment